Thursday, January 26, 2012

Your Friendship

HI Everyone,

I love slipping down to the craft corner and making a quick card - such good therapy! I wanted to make a special friendship card for a dear friend and couldn't wait to use the Rosy Posey stamp set from Taylored Expressions. I love the sweet sentiments and the gorgeous flowers in this stamp set and love that the flowers are both open and closed for coloring in or for color blocking.

I chose the closed flowers and stamped them with some Rouge Chalk ink and cut them out (adding some dimensionals on the little flower bud to sit on top of the larger rose). I cut out the leaves and then nestled them onto the flowers and over the sentiment: "your friendship means the world to me":

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Suede Brown Medium and Choice Buttercream card stock from Taylored Expressions
Stamps; Rosy Posey from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Chalk Inks: Rouge, Dark Brown, Lime Pastel
Accessories: corner chomped, embossing folder from Tim Holtz, spellbinders label die, bling, ribbon from stash, dimensionals and sponger.

I loved making this card - it was fun to keep the color scheme more neutrally and I surprisingly held off on the liquid pearls! I know, crazy!!! Anyhow - this stamp set is just full of possibilities and I can't wait to make more cards with this gorgeous stamp set!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari

4 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Oh my word! This is gorgeous and I'm loving all that embossed paper! The little leaves peeking out are amazing and I adore the ribbon from your stash.

http://valaribiccum.wordpress.com/ said...

Hi Sankari, I just found your blog and absolutely, gorgeous,stunning cards! I love your style...please keep inspiring us! I will back everyday with my morning coffee! Thank You.

Tiggerscraps said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors you used and the bling. You do beautiful work!

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous embossed bg!!! Wonderful card as always!!