Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Verve Stamps - April Diva Dare - Day 5

Hi Everyone,

It's my turn today to host the April Diva Dare on the Verve Blog. This months' project is to use kraft or chipboard in your creations - love me some kraft! My son's teacher had a special project planned out for Earth Day - a project that she had seen done on Martha Stewart and she asked if I could help her class make piggy banks with recycled water bottles. I couldn't wait to get started! I thought it would be fun to create a piggy bank for our family. We could all save up for something fun to do together! I made a little card for our family about all the different activities we want to save up for and all the fun ways we can celebrate each day. I thought it would be fun for our kids and my DH and I to each write in this card - the kids were so excited to get started on daily celebrations!!!

I made the card using kraft accents and some scrap pieces of paper with the focus on the sentiment: "celebrate today" from the Joyful Blooms stamp set from Verve Stamps and the stamped ribbon from the Super Dad stamp set:
Here is the little piggy that I made using the perfect sentiment: "enjoy" from the new stamp set: Small Celebrations from Verve Stamps. I love the sweet little flower with this set and the sentiment is just font-a-licious :) (sorry, I couldn't help it - love this font!).

Project Details:
Stamps: Small Celebrations, Super Dad  and Joyful Blooms from Verve Stamps
Inks: Memento Bahama Blue and Sky Blue
Accessories: brads, EK success label punch and border punch, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, square and circle punches, ribbon from stash, paper from stash, 4 oz water bottle, wiggly eyes, wooden pushpins, dimensionals, double sided tape and twine.
Idea for the Piggy Bank: Martha Stewart Crafts

I made this little piggy using scraps of paper and added some wooden pushpins and wiggly eyes for accents. The kids are so excited to contribute to our new Family Fun Time Piggy Bank and have already put pennies and nickels and dimes to start saving up for something fun that we can do as a family (top on the list is roller skating!). I love all of the new Verve stamps - and how simple and perfect this sentiment is to make this little Family Piggy Bank  a way to savor, enjoy and celebrate each day with special family moments together!

Want to know how you can win some fabulous new VERVE GOODIES?


For details on all of the new Verve products released and HOW you can win some new Verve by playing along with the Diva Dare this month - please check out the Verve Blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Have a wonderful weekend!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

3 comments:

Ann said...

Oh my word, that piggy bank is ADORABLE! Love the color combo, too!

Chinnu said...

Love love this adorable piggy bank and card. Such a great idea.

Radha said...

Such a great Fun with fam, this is super like!