Sunday, February 17, 2013

IHP February Guest Designer: Sunny Skies!!

Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I had huge plans to clean the house and organize but instead decided it was more important and fun to take romps and hikes with the kids this weekend :) Finally this morning I had a little chance to play in my stamp corner and LOVED playing along with the super super sweet stamp set: Sunny Skies stamp set created by Lawn Fawn carried in Kate's I {heart} Papers store! I can't resist anything with sunshine or sunny skies - I especially love all the kites and sweet font in this stamp set - it has such a flavor of fun and summer sunshine! :)

I paper pieced the kites from the Sn@p Life (6x6 paper pad) - love the big dots and the little dots in this paper pad and colored in the sun with my copics and added a button onto the center with some twine in the center. My most favorite accessory in this card is the 1"Satin Pleat Ruffle Aqua Blue - isn't it sooo lovely - it adds such a lovely fun twist to the card and then I cut a banner into the sentiment and added it ontop of the ribbon with some dimensionals:



Card Ingredients:
Paper: Sn@p Life (6x6 paper pad) from Simple Stories from IHP
StampsSunny Skies stamp set by Lawn Fawn 
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Teal Zeal ink
Accessories: dimensionals, bling, button with twine in the center, glue dots, and 1" Satin Pleat Ruffle Aqua Blue from IHP store. 

I think the hardest thing of making this card was not using every single stamp into this card - haha!! There is such a cutie birdie stamp in this set that I also wanted to use - but maybe next time!! Such a delightful stamp set - can't wait to make some more sunny skies stamp sets!

I love all the ribbons in the I {Heart} Papers store - SOOO many options to choose from (check out all the ribbon options here!!) and Kate is always getting new goodies into the store - check out all the new stuff here!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope your monday starts off wonderfully!
Ciao for now!
Sankari :)

2 comments:

Davi said...

Absolutely delightful~~ I love those popped up kites really makes the look like the are floating, very fun :)

Libby Hickson said...

Another happy Sankari card! :-)