Friday, June 28, 2013

Don't Be Afraid To....

Hi Everyone, 


Taylored Expressions has created an exciting new item - the Stamp of the Month Club - where every month you can receive a special stamp set and can also get the Key Ingredients kit that will coordinate with it (or you can just get the KI kit or just the Stamp of the Month - sooo many options!!) Seems like it is a way to create cards that are "taylor" made to perfection!  Check out the Taylored Expressions Deluxe Subscription kit (where you can get the KI kit and the Stamp of the Month) for June here:

I just love loved loved loved playing with this stamp set - those galoshes are so darling! But for today's card I wanted to use the super sweet umbrella with these awesome sentiments: Laugh Lots, Get Wet, Be Happy! I loved all the sentiments - but didn't know how to choose - so I decided to use them all! I absolutely love how this card turned out - seriously - love the feeling of this card and the designer paper and coordinating ribbons in this Key Ingredients kit:


I decided to tie the sentiments to the umbrella with some Baker's Twine and then colored in the panels of the umbrella with copics. I created a little cloud scene with the Cloud Border Die and then cut a border with it and then attached the sentiment: Don't be Afraid to..."

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: You Make Me Happy Stamp Set: June 2013 Stamp of the Month from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Vintage Bliss DP from Simple Stories, cardstock and ribbon from the June Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Teal Zeal, Bamboo Leaves, Canteloupe and Rose Red
Accessories: Rainy Days dies, Labels Stacklets 1, Circle punches, corner chomper, Cloud Border Die, dimensionals, and copics


I used the Label Stacklets 1 dies to be the background shape for the images. I just love the sentiment - Don't be Afraid to.... its a good reminder to just jump into life! 

This a reminder especially for me this summer to just go for it and enjoy all the time with the kids and that if they are jumping in a puddle, I want to jump into the puddle with them and splash about too - life is too short to worry about dirty shoes and laundry! I do have fears - big fears and small fears - and one that I want to let go of this summer is swimming. There is something about being near the deep end of the pool that quite scares me and so I started taking swim lessons with my kids. It is so much fun to have lessons with my kiddos - they give me confidence and I give them confidence :) What are your fears that you are trying to let go of?

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend!
Big hugs,
Sankari

No comments: