Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Taylored Expressions June Sneak Peek: Delightful Day and Moka Melissa

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to Day 2 of sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions where today, I am starting with a stamp set that might look familiar to you - its the Delightful Day stamp set that was previously only available to Key Ingredients Kit subscribers and now it has coordinating Delightful Day Conversation Bubbles Die Set which comes with three awesome conversation bubbles that can be used with the stamp set or by itself to create a little fun conversation! 

I made a card that was kind of a CASE of another card I made with this stamp set that you can see here. I love this stamp set - so much fun - especially those fun little pinwheels and cute birdies! I used the sweet sentiment: "wishing you a delightful day" and used the Conversation bubbles to create a mat for the sentiment and then popped it up over the cute little birdie. I can't even tell you HOW much fun I had making this card - so so so much fun!!!

Here is a peek at the little scene - I sponged the clouds using the Cloud Border Die and added a little pennant to the top of the card using the Pennant Border stamp set:

I created a little hill and crimped it and added some layers of grass and created a little cupcake hill with the cupcake from the Build A Treat stamp set - who doesn't love a cupcake hill!!!?!! I added a little bit of glitter to the cupcake with a little bit of bling on top - here is a little closer peek at the conversation bubble mat and the cupcake hill :)
I love the sweet little pinwheels and stamped it and colored it with two separate colors and cut it out and then tucked them in the wing of the little blue birdie:

Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Delightful Day stamp set, Pennant Border stamp set and Build A Treat Stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Cardstock from Bazzill and Choice Snow White Cardstock
Inks: Memento Love Letter, Bahama Blue, Dandelion, Tangelo, Rich Coco, Lilac Posies and Sweet Plum,
Accessories: paper crimper, circle punch, grass punch from MS, silk green ribbon, corner chomper, Cloud Border die, sponger and Delightful Day Conversation bubbles dies from TE, dimensionals, copics and bling
 


For my second project, I used the newest Moka on the block - please welcome Moka Melissa - inspired by TE alum Melissa Sauls who is in nursing school right now (Go Melissa!!! woohoo!). I love the sentiments with this sweet little Moka. I colored her in and then paper pieced her pants and hat - love this sweet Moka!


I created a row of tissues as a border and colored them in with matching colors of the DP :
I created the ribbon to honor the cross on her hat - on the side of the card I added a strip of kraft that I crimped and then finished the card off with a line of liquid pearls around the circle nesties:

Card Ingredients:
Stamps
: Moka Melissa stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Paper: Fancy Pans Designs: Park Bench DP and card stock from Bazzill
Inks: Memento Love Letter
Accessories: paper crimper, circle nest abilities, red grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, copics, liquid pearls

 

I loved making all my projects for today's post and can't wait for tomorrows release day projects and I can't wait to check out all the amazing creations with this awesome Design Team - please hop over with me and check them out!!!

Carole Burrage Charmaine Ikach Jen Shults Joan Ervin Kerri Michaud Regina Mangum Sankari Wegman Shannon White Shelly Mercado Stephanie Kraft Tammie Edgerton Taylor VanBruggen Wanda Guess

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Please hop over tomorrow for Release Day FUN!
Big hugs
Sanakri

7 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

You have creates such a darling little scene with the little birds, pinwheels, and that big, yummy cupcake!!! Love your get well card, too....beautiful layout, beautiful coloring, beautiful, details....beautiful everything!!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous, Sankari! LOVE the sweet scene on the first - it's too cute for words! And your Moka Melissa card is wonderful - LOVE the trio of kleenex boxes!

Shannon White said...

OMGosh Both of these are soo Darned CUTE Sankari!! Love the Darling little birdies gathered around your scrumptious looking cupcake!! Such a Sweet scene! and your Moka Melissa is Darling! Love the line up of Kleenex boxes!! Too CUTE!! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Jill said...

Two incredible cards each with a wonderful scene and awesome details! Love them!

Melissa Sauls said...

Aww, I love her Sankari!!! I miss you so much girl!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are both just TOO stinkin' cute, Sankari!! LOVE them!

Donna said...

How did you paper piece her hat and pants?