Thursday, February 12, 2015

7 Days of Love: Day 5 - Where there is love, there is life

Hey Everyone!

Woo-hoo! It's Day 5 of the 7 Days of Love Cards that I am playing with the creative genius of Jen Shults - my friend and fellow DT member - as we countdown to Valentine's Day and create love cards to celebrate!

For today's card project, I created a card using the Verve stamp set: More Than Love - with this beautiful sentiment that I love by Mahatma Gandhi-ji: "Where there is love, there is life." Sigh... that is such a beautiful sentiment - its so easy to forget the power of love in a world that can seem so full of darkness - wherever there is a glimmer of love - there is also rays of light and hope that shine forth.... 

And that is what this stamp that has a heart with rays emanating out of it reminded me - a heart of love and full of hope radiating out - such a beautiful image! 


Here is a close up of the stamped sentiment and the heart :



I added some twined ribbon strands to the edge of the sentiment and wound it behind the DP panel and then let it peek out of the bottom edge - I also added some glitter and solid dots here and there around the card for just a bit of fun :)


Card Ingredients:
Stamps: More Than Love (stamp set) from Verve Stamps
Inks: Memento Love Letter
Papers: Cherry Red cardstock (TE) and DP from Simple Stories
Accessories: yellow twine, glittered dots, white gel pen, sponger

I absolutely LoVeD making this card - adding the little flowers to the bottom felt so good as I looked outside the window to see snow on the ground - lol - card therapy is so good for the soul! 

I can't wait to see what the amazing Jen has created for today's Love Card - Please hop over with me and check out her creation!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please stop by tomorrow for Day 6 of Love Cards!! YAY!

Big hugs,
Sankari :)

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So gorgeous, Sankari! Love all the details and scattered enamel dots.

Jen Shults said...

This is GORGEOUS Sankari! I love all the layers and your drawn in stitches just make everything pop. Gorgeous!